· What time do the caucuses begin? All caucuses begin at 7 P.M. Central time on Tuesday, January 3, 2012. It is advisable, however, to arrive at your precinct site before 7 P.M.
· How old do you have to be to vote? Iowans who will be eighteen by Election Day 2012 (November 6, 2012) can vote in the Iowa caucus.
Do you have to be registered Republican to participate in the
Republican caucus? Yes.
In order to participate in the Republican caucus, one must be a
registered Republican in the state of Iowa. You do have the
opportunity to register as a Republican at the caucus, provided that
you have a valid photo ID with your current address on it (such as your
Iowa driver’s license) or a photo ID and a document that proves your
residence (such as a utility bill). For more information,
· Can media cover individual caucuses? Yes, media are welcome to attend the caucuses. As a courtesy, we ask that you please contact the county chair or caucus coordinator of the county where the precinct is located for more information on covering the caucus.
How do I find my caucus location? YOU
MUST ATTEND THE CAUCUS FOR THE PRECINCT IN WHICH YOU LIVE. YOUR
POLLING LOCATION IS NOT NECESSARILY YOUR CAUCUS LOCATION.
are two ways to find your caucus location:
1. Use our App! Go to the Apple Store or the Android Store and search “IowaGOP2012.” Download the App to find your caucus location on your Smartphone.
2. Use our website and follow
this two-step process:
a. Determine the precinct in which you live.Your precinct is located on your voter registration card. If you do not know which precinct you live in, visit www.iowagop.org/caucus and click the link that forwards you to the Secretary of State’s precinct finder.
b. After you’ve determined
which precinct you live in, visit the Republican Party of Iowa’s website
at www.iowagop.org/caucus. Go to “Find My Caucus”
and click the “View by County”
option. Find the county in which you live and find your precinct caucus location.
How will results be reported? Results of the Presidential Preference Poll will be announced by the Iowa GOP by precinct as results are received and verified.